Thursday, July 12, 2012

Romney: NAACP Speech Proves I'm Ready For "That 3 A.M. Phone Call"

HOUSTON - Presidential candidate Mitt Romney spoke at the annual meeting of the NAACP in Houston, Texas, this morning, and emerged confident the engagement had boosted his chances for election.

"The American people need to know I'm ready for anything," Romney said in a post-speech press conference. "They need to know I can take that 3 a.m. phone call saying we've been attacked, we've been bombed, that our women are being raped, our children are being drugged, thugs and pimps are hanging out on our street corners and gaming courts, wearing the wrong clothes, talking funny. The American people need to know I'm capable of taking that phone call, and of standing up to these enemies. And that's what I came here to do today."

Mr. Romney then gave reporters a wink, and was whisked away by several heavily-armed bodyguards.

Update: MSNBC.

Photo credit.

No comments:

Post a Comment